Stay Engaged!Friday, April 16, 2021
It's easy to drift away from advocacy after the legislative session, but that is the biggest mistake you can make! Summer is a great time to gear up for the next session. Until the session ends, there are some great ways you can stay engaged, or restart your advocacy.
- Join us for our next virtual (Zoom) Capitol Chat on Friday, April 30 at 11:00 a.m. Click here to register. If you have registered for another Capitol Chat you do not need to do it again. Stay tuned for a May or June special Capitol Chat once session is done.
- Check to see if your State Senator or State Representative have a town hall meeting in your area here. You don't have to ask a question or say a word, but we encourage you to at least introduce yourself to them.
- Consider hosting your own virtual or in-person town hall with your legislators or key legislators that work on your issue.The Iowa DD Council is partnering with self-advocates to reach out virtually to legislators, provide an opportunity to connect with local DD Council members and help us identify new or existing areas of advocacy. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Mark your calendar for the 2021 Make Your Mark Conference: Be A Game Changer! Yes, we're planning to get back together in person at the West Des Moines Marriott on September 15-16, 2021. Registration will open July 1, but you might as well get this on your calendar now!
- You can watch recordings of Iowa DD Council legislative panels, virtual town halls, and previous Capitol Chats in our video library here.
Stay tuned for more opportunties!
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.