Special Election in Ankeny: September 14Monday, August 23, 2021
Governor Kim Reynolds has called a special election to fill a vacancy in the Iowa House of Representatives. House District 39, which includes the northside of Ankeny, Alleman, and Douglas Township, had been represented by Rep. John Landon until his death a few weeks ago.
Voters in this district will go to the polls on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 (7 am to 8 pm). Voters can vote early at the county auditor's office, or by mail (but your requests must be in soon).
- Click here to find out if you are registered to vote.
- If you are not registered to vote but live in this district, you can pre-register now through Monday, August 30. You can still register to vote after August 30, but you will have to complete these additional steps.
- For more information about the election and key dates click here.
- You can learn more about the candidates at the following links:
- Republican Michael Bousselot, former Chief of Staff to Governor Branstad and current director of the Iowa Department of Management.
- Democrat Andrea Phillips, a former marketing director for a multinational corporation.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.