Facing Eviction? Resources to Help You!Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Many Iowans faced tough choices during the past year, particularly those who lost jobs or had lower paychecks. The Centers for Disease Control extended the ban on evictions temporarily as COVID-19 variants (like the Delta variant) began to surge across the country. The eviction ban only applies to counties experiencing high levels of community transmission. Once a county drops from his list, the moratorium on evictions will only apply for another 14 days. Reminder: The eviction process can be complicated, and you may want to speak with an attorney if this is happening to you.
- You can view this map to monitor your county's level of transmission: https://covid.
- You can read the full eviction moratorium order here: link to CDC.
Special thanks to the Iowa Department of Human Rights for this alert and the following additional resources:
- Iowa legal Aid-Eviction Information/Rights 1-800-532-1275
- Resident Declaration Form - Other Languages
- Iowa Housing Recovery - Rent and Utility Assistance 1-855-300-5885
- COVID-19 Legal Advice Hotline 1-800-332-0419
- HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- HHS/CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- Houseiowa.org - database of housing resources
- 211iowa.org or call 2-1-1 for resources
Iowa Legal Aid and the Johnson County Affordable Housing Coalition are hosting a free tenant rights webinar. Participants may join by Zoom or in person at the Coralville Public Library or the Center for Worker Justice. The webinar will be held August 19, 2021, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.