DHS LISTENING POSTS & LEGISLATIVE TOWN HALLSMonday, January 17, 2022
Legislators spend Monday-Thursday in Des Moines during session, but they go back to their home districts for the weekend. Many have town hall meetings where they connect with the people they represent. This is a great way to meet your legislator, and if you are comfortable, talk about some of the things you'd like them to do during the session. Remember, session is the time when your legislators can do something about your issues! You can find a complete list of these local town halls here.
The Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) is also hosting monthly virtual (Zoom) town halls to hear from Medicaid members. They are the fourth Thursday of each month - the next one is January 27 at 5:00 p.m. You can sign up here. You can also watch earlier zoom meetings and read the notes from each meeting there.
DHS is also planning several listening posts to hear from Medicaid members on specific subjects.
- Tuesday, January 18 (4-5 pm) - Managed Care RFP Stakeholder Input - register here
- Thursday, January 20 (3-4:30 pm) - Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Community Based Case Management (CBCM) - register here
- Wednesday, February 9 (3-4:30 pm) - Maternal Health - register here
- Tuesday, February 15 (3-4:30 pm) - Transition Aging Services - register here
- Tuesday, February 22 (3-4:30 pm) - Natural Supports - register her
Medicaid members who need assistance with registration for the DHS meetings, may contact IME Member Services at 1-800-338-8366. You can also send written comments or suggestions to IMETownHall@dhs.state.ia.us. These are virtual meetings, but there is a call-in option available for those unable to stream live video. The meeting will be held using Zoom; login information will be sent to registered attendees the week of the meeting.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.