Read our most current infoNET newsletter by clicking the button below!
2021 Legislative Guide
Get our new 2021-2022 Guide to the Iowa Legislature - everything you need to know about the process and the people!
Stop discrimination against people using federal housing vouchers for rent - or take action on an issue near and dear to your heart!
Welcome to infoNET!
The Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council created the infoNET advocacy forum in partnership with Iowans with Disabilities in Action to give you the information, tools, resources and opportunities you need to take action on the issues important to you. Our newsletter and network of resources helps advocates with disabilities stay up-to-date on current issues by:
- Letting you know what the Iowa Legislature & US Congress are up to - and what you can do to influence their decisions.
- Keeping tabs on the Iowa Governor’s office and state agency initiatives
- Suggesting ways to make you more effective in your advocacy and your message powerful and persuasive.
- Connecting you with other advocates using social media, online training, and community conversations.
- Letting you know when there are opportunities to bring your issue to the attention of law makers and opinion leaders.
Get our policy news sent directly to your inbox or mailbox by joining Iowans with Disabilities in Action. There is no cost, and you will receive a free copy of the Guide to the Iowa Legislature. Let’s get started!
HCBS Access Act - Feedback by April 26
Learn more about a bill in Congress to expand access to home and community based services and how you can submit your suggestions and comments.
President Signs New Relief Package
This week, Congress passed and President Biden signed a $1.9 TRILLION package to help respond to the economic impact of COVID-19. The following...
Host a Town Hall Meeting!
The Iowa DD Council wants to help you hold a virtual townhall meeting in your area! In years past, the Iowa DD Council has helped Iowans with...
About our Network
Your elected officials face very difficult choices everyday, and the decisions they make affect your life. The people representing you from the White House and Congress to your State Capitol and County Courthouse need to know your story, so they can make informed decisions. Now more than ever, it is important for Iowans with disabilities and their family members to take action. That is why the Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council created Iowans with Disabilities in Action and infoNET. Learn more about our work by connecting with us.